Kif Kif, 1995
Practically all the music on this disc is natural based on voices and sounds of insects. Parts where synthesizer was used are specially marked. I am convinced that everything in nature is more or less audible and that humans are only more or less successfully imitating nature. For this reason I decided to use primeval sounds to make music, of which I like those of insects the most. In most cases the sounds were not processed with special effects.
1. In-Deep-Under Tc 23 / 1994 (3:02) ) The composition is part of the soundtrack which accompanied the multi-vision event of the same title using themes of the underwater world of salt and fresh water.
2. Touchings / 1992 (9:37) The composition is part of bigger project revealing the consciousness about two systems of information – the system of nature and the system of civilization which today live side by side and one past the other.
3. Karst / 1995 (2:10) The composition was for the first time performed during the multi-vision event accompanying the “Protection of Nature in Slovenia” exhibition, in the part representing the Karst. The composition was written for three saxophones, here it was performed with a synthesizer.
Andaman sea The sounds originate from Thailand (cicadas, crickets, and other insects, geckoes, gibbons and some birds). We move away from the coast of unprocessed sounds and dive into depths of synthesized civilization.
4. Andaman sea – Seashore / 1993 (2:02)
5. Andaman sea – Surface / 1995 (2:42)
6. Andaman sea – Deep / 1995 (2:40)
7. Bugs, walrus and the door are dancing in circle / 1986 (10:15) This was the firs composition based on sounds of insects. Bugs proved as talented singers an all sound positions. They are joined by walrus and creaking granary door of Vodnik’s home in Ljubljana before it was oiled.
Belúm Compositions are based on the sounds of animals of the Belúm jungle in Malesia during different periods of the day, supported by synthesizer.
8. Belúm – Fanfare / 1994 (2:43)
9. Belúm – Temengor / 1994 (3:37)
10. Belúm – Tigerhide / 1994 (3:17)
11. Sound Picture of the Karst / 1995 (2:33) Sound presentation of the Slovene Karst during the four seasons of the year. Author dr. Matija Gogala.
12. Moor VI / 1994 (3:33) The sound of piano joined endangered birds of the moor.
13. 3,5 for 14th chair / 1993 (2:27) Three and a half for fourteens chair is a composition for caterpillar of the small peacock butterfly, oak egger and wooden chair that resists them.
14. Down / 1995 (2:10) The composition was for the first time performed during the multi-vision event accompanying the “Protection of Nature in Slovenia” exhibition, performed by synthesizers.
15. Waterfalls, forests / 1995 (6:51) The composition was for the first time performed during the multi-vision event accompanying the “Protection of Nature in Slovenia” exhibition, performed by synthesizers.
All compositions by Bostjan Perovsek, except No. 11 – Sound Picture of the Karst, Dr. Matija Gogala.
Recording and mixing: Bostjan Perovsek, Atelier BP, except: 2 Neven Smolcic, 11 Dr. Matija Gogala
Producer: Bostjan Perovsek
Original recordings of the animal world: dr. Matija Gogala (2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13) and Dr. Tomi Trilar (12)
Original recordings of urbane surroundings and door of Vodnik’s home: Boštjan Perovšek